Ethylene Dichloride manufacturers use two different methods for the manufacturing of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC).
The one method that is used widely among producers and manufacturers of the EDC is the chemical reaction between Ethylene and chlorine, in this widely used reaction, iron chloride is used as a catalyst.
The other method that Ethylene Dichloride manufacturers use but less is the reaction of oxychlorination Ethylene in which copper chloride is used as a catalyst in this chemical reaction.
These two Ethylene Dichloride manufacturing processes are used for EDC productions across the world and by different companies and countries.
Ethylene Dichloride Manufacturer
In this section, we will introduce you to the biggest manufacturers and consumers of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) in the world.
- The United States of America is the biggest producer and exporter of Ethylene Dichloride in the world
- China is the biggest importer of Ethylene Dichloride in the world, and also is the second largest manufacturer and consumer of EDC across the world after the United States of America
North America and Northeast Asia regions are the two biggest manufacturers and consumers of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) in the world.
Aside from countries and regions, these companies are the biggest manufacturers and producers of Ethylene Dichloride in the world.
- Westlake Corporation is an international petrochemical company that was founded in 1986, 36 years ago, is based in Texas, U.S., this international company has around 15k employees with revenue of approximately $10B and net income of around $1B, has many production facilities across the world and is among the Forbes Global 2000 company
- Occidental Chemical (Oxy) is an international petrochemical and energy company that is headquartered in Huston, U.S., Oxy has around 12k employees, has over $26.3B in revenue, and a net income of over $2.3B, this company has founded in 1909 meaning more than 113 years ago, Oxy is among the Fortune 500 and Forbes 2000 companies in the world and is a public company but the main owner of this company is Berkshire Hathaway worth more than 20% of the company ownership
- Formosa Group is a public Taiwanese company in the chemical industry that has over 10k employees and is one of the biggest producers of Ethylene Dichloride and PVC resin in the world, Formosa Group was founded in 1954 around 68 years before and has over $37B revenue annually with over $13B in total assets
- Shin-Etsu is the largest chemical company in Japan with over $13.5B in sales per year, this company was founded in 1926 and has around 18k employees. Shin-Etsu is one of the biggest producers of polyvinyl chloride and has number 9 rank in the Forbes 2000 global companies for the chemical sector, Shin-Etsu is headquartered in Tokyo and has 14 manufacturing locations across the world
- INEOS is an international British company headquartered in London, INEOS is the fourth largest chemical company in the world, was founded in 1998, has 26k employees with revenue of over $61B per year
About Ethylene Dichloride
Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) is a colorless, toxic, chemical compound liquid that is used mainly in the production of VCM and PVC resin.
- Ethylene Dichloride also is known by the names EDC, 1,21,2-dichloroethane, and chlorinated hydrocarbon
- Ethylene Dichloride has the chemical formula of C2H4CI2
- EDC is a hydrocarbon that two chloride atoms are added to them and is known famously as a chlorinated hydrocarbon in the petrochemical industry
- The ethylene Dichloride manufacturing process is composed of two methods, one is used widely and the other method is used less, we will speak about this later in this article
Before we dive into details of the Ethylene Dichloride manufacturing process, we want to introduce you to the vast uses and applications of the EDC in different industries.
Ethylene Dichloride Uses & Applications
Here we want to introduce you to the diverse uses and applications of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC).
- Ethylene Dichloride’s main usage is in the production of the Vinyl Chloride Monomer (VML) and PVC resin used in pipes, windows, fittings, profiles, tubes, doors, wires, film, sheets, flooring, and so on
- Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) is used as a solvent in the textile, metal cleaning, and adhesive industries
- The other uses and applications of Ethylene Dichloride (EDC) are as follows:
○ As a paint remover
○ As a degreaser
○ As an anti-knock additive
○ As a very useful resource of chlorine for laboratory and scientific uses and applications
These five companies are the largest manufacturers and producers of Ethylene Dichloride in the world, accounting for more than 40% of all Ethylene Dichloride produced and used across the world.
Introducing Barus Golden
Barus Golden is one of the leading suppliers of chemical products including Ethylene Dichloride in the world.
- We are an international company with over a decade of experience in international trade and supplying chemical and petrochemical products for different companies across the world
- Barus Golden is offering the most competitive prices with the highest quality in each of its products
- As the first-hand supplier of Ethylene Dichloride, we use our state-of-the-art and distributed supply chain and transportation equipment for sourcing all your needs as fast as possible
- We guarantee the safety and security of all products we transfer to your company doors
Our highly professional and experienced teams are putting international standards and your satisfaction as their priority in Barus Golden company.
For more information about our services, receiving our free VIP consultation about the latest Ethylene Dichloride market condition and prices, and placing your order, please refer to the Barus Golden website.